Whether you know it or not – we live in a highly polluted environment in which sound pollution has its own contribution. The increasing sound pollution around us is one of the prime risks and therefore, this needs to be checked with new-age solutions like sound insulation.
According to the study, disturbance causing because of noise during daytime affects 11% of the world’s population and it is as high as 4% even at night time. This is the reason homeowners to building residents to business possessors – all are hunting to soundproof material structures.
Their hunt for sound insulation suppliers clearly indicates that there is a high demand for smart solutions in this respect. Over the years, Stone sound insulation boards offered by Sunrock are a greatly facilitating utility. Sunrock is a brand presented by Thermocare Rook Wool (I) Pvt. Ltd., the top producer of Rockfiber and Stonewool acoustic insulation products.
Understanding the need for Sound Insulation:
While realizing the fact that soundproofing through insulation in the building has become paramount now, it is equally important to precisely understand its necessity.
Acoustic waves traveling around us can often be distorting. They may distract our attention and leave adverse impacts on health as they are beyond the acceptable. To avoid the distortion of acoustic waves and the building environment free of noise pollution, insulation is one of the best resorts.
In commercial areas, particularly compact space offices or working areas, activities going on in one room can disturb the workers in the nearing rooms. In the case of confidential meetings or discussions, there is always the chance of information leak and going into the wrong hands. To eliminate these instances also, Acoustic insulation becomes mandatory.
It is always advisable that you should get the boards that contain top-quality soundproofing materials so that you get long-lasting service.
Different types of distracting sounds:
Any type of sound that creates a kind of disturbance in your surroundings and produces a kind of chaos in some or other way can be said a distracting sound. These distracting sounds can be categorized in the following ways:
- Distraction from airborne sound: Noises that travel through the air and reach your ears are airborne sound. They usually produce from honking horns, high decibel loudspeaker sounds, radio, barking dogs, howling animals etc.
- Distraction from impact sound: At times when two objects hit or collide, they produce unpleasing sounds and it’s called impact sound. Some examples of it are wheels of a kid’s toy car scratching on the floor, crockery or steel utensils falling on the surface, etc.
- Distraction from flanking sound: Some noises can even travel through the barriers installed to control sound. They are understood as flanking sounds and they are the toughest to control. This is so because while most acoustic waves travel straight and indirect path, these waves travel in an indirect path. As a result, soundproof wall or hollow core doors also cannot withhold them.
Sound insulation boards made from world-class material are highly sought after today. They are manufactured and supplied only by professional sound insulation suppliers like Thermocare Rock Wool India Pvt. Ltd.
How does sound insulation help in preventing sound transmission?
The nature of acoustic waves is so that they can pass through hard surfaces like doors, floors, roofs, walls, etc. Traveling acoustic waves, when struck any such surfaces, create a kind of vibration in the whole building structure, and this vibration, in turn, produces newer waves of compressed intensity. The effect of these waves can be felt by people living or sitting behind that surface.
Thus, the travelling of acoustic waves, coming from some external source or coming from a particular room within the building and passing through some other room, is understood as sound transmission. To prevent the inner space of the building from unwanted sounds and noise, it is important that sound transmission remains the least.
Now, this is where the significance of sound insulation boards comes into view. These boards are meant to lower the transmission loss.
However, the volume of sound insulation required at a place depends upon the extent of transmission loss it is facing.
Types of Sound Insulation:
To protect the passage of sound from one room to some of its adjacent room or another room upstairs, and to prevent unwanted sound waves disturb the people inside the building, it is important that the building structure has some proven soundproofing system. This system should not only be taking up little space but also should be futuristic.
Having understood its practicability, it is time to know about the types of sound insulation:
- Room to room insulation: If you have adjacent rooms and want to avoid intruding acoustic waves, you may choose this type of sound insulation. These types of insulations are in the form of suspended ceilings which form a partition. The advantage of these ceilings is that they provide flexibility.
But if the height of partition is below the soffit or roof, the gap between the suspended and roof is used to create a horizontal transmission path. For this, specialized acoustic ceiling systems are installed. These systems have better sound insulating attributes.
- One-way sound insulation: To prevent sounds coming through installations, this type of insulation is used. Such installations normally exist as ducts or pipes between soft and suspended ceiling.
This insulation type can serve the requirement of insulating by way of the sound-insulating suspended ceiling system.
- Vertical airborne sound insulation: When the sounds in a room are coming from a room which is either on its lower floor or upper floor, this type of sound-insulating system is needed. Again, a suspended ceiling system can be the most appropriate solution for this.
- Impact sound insulation: Footsteps of people walking on an upper floor room can create a disturbing sound for the people in the room below it. The solution to this is a suspended ceiling system.
- This can lower the effect of impact sound level and thus provide relief to the people on the lower floor.
In short, sound insulation is highly desirable in buildings today and for this, Stonewool sound insulation boards are the best in quality, reliability, cost, service, and durability!
What is the difference between sound absorption and sound insulation?
Sound absorption refers to the loss of sound energy when sound waves hit ceilings, walls, and floors, and they are absorbed whereas Sound insulation is a technique that is used to restrict sound from traveling between separate spaces through walls, ceilings, and floors.